Silicone Softener is a compound of organic polysiloxane and polymer. It is suitable for soft finishing of natural fibre such as cotton hemp silk and human hair. It also deals with poly polyester nylon and other synthetic fibre. Silicon is macro-molecule comprised of a polymer backbone of alternating silicon and oxygen atoms with organic groups attached to silicon. Silicon softener softening capabilities comes from the siloxane backbone’s flexibility and its freedom of rotation along with the silicon-oxygen bonds.
Properties of Silicone softener
- Good permeability,
- Good resilience and wrinkle resistance.
- In high temperatures shade not yellowing.
- Moisture absorption and anti-static property.
- Good fastness to wash.
- Creat lubricating and moderately waterproof film on the fabric surface.
- Makes silky hand feel.
- Hydrophilic silicone softener is cationic.
- It can be easily dissolved in water.
- Yellowish transparent liquid.
It Can be used or apply in two ways.
- Padding method
- Exhaustion method.
- Provide a unique hand-feel.
- High lubricity
- Good sewability.
- Crease recovery.
- Abrasions resistance and tearing strength.
- Good temperature stability and durability.